Staff Editor, POLITICO Magazine
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, POLITICO has been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
POLITICO seeks an ambitious and creative editor to join the team of its award-winning magazine, with a special focus on the print edition. The editor will be a core member of the Magazine,
What You'll Do:
- Recruit writers
- Participate in daily idea meetings
- Assign and edit online stories
- Plan and manage bimonthly print issues of the magazine with the print editor, art director, designers and other Magazine staff
What You'll Need:
- Ambition and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm to take on responsibilities in a fast-paced newsroom
- Be a quick learner
- A collaborative personality ready to work closely with a highly productive team.
- Attention to detail
- Creativity to conceive and execute stories
- Enthusiasm about weaving together writing, photography, illustration, and graphics into compelling and high-impact issues
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top