Staff Accountant (BUS0101)
We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant who will be responsible for processes, transactional accuracy, efficiency of the revenue cycle, AP cycle, accruals, and GL maintenance.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the appropriate accounting of various GL accounts, driving process improvements, analytical reviews, and internal/external reporting.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and maintain revenue recognition for month end close
- Manage customer payments process to ensure the accurate recording of cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Manage general ledger as it relates to Politico’s corporate accounting issues
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts and coordinating monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare JE’s, reconciliations, and perform ad hoc accounting projects.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3+ years of work experience, public accounting & CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP for Ad Sales and SaaS type businesses
- Experience in developing new processes and learning new systems
- Keen attention to detail required
- Able to think clearly and reach well founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely
- Strong excel skills including pivot tables and vlookups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to prepare presentations and present ideas to leadership
- Experience with CRM or ERP system(s), Microsoft Office, strong preference for Salesforce, Financial Force, and Microsoft Dynamics GP applications
- Able to work under tight timelines and reprioritize work as needed
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to [email protected] with this in the subject line: BUS0101
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top