Producer, Branded Content
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, POLITICO has been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
POLITICO Focus, recently named Native Advertising Studio of the Year by the Native Advertising Institute, is an in-house custom solutions and innovations team producing award-winning content. We're looking for a producer who will help bring client campaigns from concept to reality, speaking the language of clients and content creators to manage the creation of compelling and break-through experiences for politicos. You will manage the production of the tactical and conceptual elements of a client's project, including project and timeline management, content reviews and edits with clients, promotional planning and campaign analytics.
As the POLITICO Focus team grows, we have re-envisioned the way an advertising sales team engages with clients and agencies. We embrace individuals from immensely diverse backgrounds in an ongoing effort to create a comprehensive and collaborative team that is driven to support not only our clients, but one another.
Who you are:
- Creative: You have an eye for strong creative and ideas. You can judge the function and aesthetic of a campaign. You're excited about content and its creation and how to craft a story to meet the client's vision, goals and KPIs. You know how to leverage the right players to bring ideas and solutions to reality.
- Detail-oriented: You can see across a project and execute big picture, helping all of the moving pieces come together without sacrificing the details. You are incredibly deadline-oriented.
- A communicator: We're a small but mighty team that reaches across departments, working closely with Audience Solutions and Advertising Operations to optimize client campaigns. You take ownership, while fostering collaboration, and can assess complex situations and distill them into priorities. You can manage multi-layer client relationships with poise and authenticity.
What you'll do:
- Dig deep into client initiatives to make recommendations and create campaigns that will move the needle.
- Lead projects through the digital campaign lifecycle, ranging from creative asset management to analytics-based optimization.
- Own the execution of content campaigns by leading concept and distribution planning, to production of assets, to trafficking and QA – consistently hitting deadlines.
- Work directly with clients, POLITICO's advertising team and the Focus team members to deliver the best experience to our readers and partners. You'll also work with contributors, including writers, developers, designers, videographers and photographers.
What you'll need:
- A B.A./B.S., with 2-4 years of experience project coordinating in advertising or communications.
- Experience working with designers and developers is a must. Knowledge of the DC market and policy landscape is helpful, but not required.
- The ability to navigate crazy deadlines, and ensure others are meeting them.
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top