Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, POLITICO has been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
We're looking for an entry-level designer to join our Audience Solutions team, who can harness design and creative strategy to help business development partners drive new business. You will play an active role in crafting the best possible story telling experiences for our clients as well as the POLITICO brand through collaboration and creative brainstorming, demanding a balance of both sharp design skills and conceptual abilities.
As a dedicated design resource to the sales team, you will help define and evolve the POLITICO brand that will be used for future partnerships and digital first advertising experiences. Working closely with internal client leads, you will help craft strategy and facilitate the sales process, creating custom design deliverables for proposals, presentations RFPs, and mockups. You'll also work with POLITICO Focus, our brand content studio, and POLITICO Live, our events team.
What you'll do:
- Help craft the strategy and execute advertising campaigns through a variety of design-first services
- Create deliverables including sales collateral, mockups, storyboards, and fully interactive presentations for high level pitches
- Act as designer and consultant for both internal and external clients
- Lead monthly design workshops for internal staff
What you'll need:
- A B.A./B.S. in design or visual communications, with 1-3 years of internship or other experience in a design role
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & expert knowledge of Keynote and PowerPoint
- Confident typographic and layout skills
- Firm grasp on branding and co-branding
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional skills in multitasking, time management, and attention to detail
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top