Help Desk Engineer
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, POLITICO has been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
Our Help Desk Engineers are responsible for all aspects of employee technology needs and incident resolution, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, service administration and telephony across multiple platforms, as well as account administration related to employee onboarding and terminations. We are responsible for employees spanning multiple state offices and remote locations, ensuring that POLITICO staff has the technology in hand to publish, report, and perform continuously.
Who You Are
- Customer focused: Your calm demeanor and ability to multi-task help you troubleshoot and resolve employee problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative: You are eager to work with a team constantly implementing new and exciting technology initiatives.
- Driven: You are highly self-motivated and aren't afraid to propose creative solutions.
What You'll Do
- Resolve incidents while adhering to accepted guidelines, policies and best practices in a fast-paced environment
- Support Windows and Apple devices, telephones and printers
- Cloud service and Windows Server administration, including cloud file services, e-mail account administration, print services, and Active Directory
- Familiarity configuring and troubleshooting iOS and Android devices
- Ability to prioritize and schedule requests and incidents, as well as escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced engineer
- Track physical assets through all stages of the troubleshooting process
- Ability to work nights and weekends and a modified schedule
- On-call Support
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of industry experience in providing tier I, II, & III desktop/end-user support and/or network troubleshooting
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or related field is highly desired
- ITIL, A+, Network+, and/or Security+ certifications are strongly desired
- Strong experience with multiple operating systems, including at least Mac OS X, Windows 7, and Windows 10
- Strong experience with Active Directory and Office 365 administration and support
- Experience with Box or other cloud file services
- Experience with mobile device management platforms
- Experience with diagnosing network issues and familiarity with infrastructure architectures preferred
- Any experience with Cisco Meraki, Azure AD, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Windows Server, and Tenable Security Center will be viewed highly
- Experience in ITSM standards and applications relating to incident management
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain poised under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language, and the ability to interface with POLITICO management and staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, documentation and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and willing to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top