Fall 2017 Digital Design Internship, POLITICO Focus
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, we have been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
POLITICO Focus, POLITICO's in-house brand content studio is seeking a Digital Design Intern to help bring our clients' visions to life. If you're looking to join a tight-knit team and understand the science behind advertising, we would like to hear from you!
Who you are:
- A rising junior, senior, or recent graduate (within the last six months)
- Interested in pursuing careers in the creative fields
- Passionate about digital design with a desire to learn more
- Passionate about digital story telling
- Available to work approx. 15-20 hours per week from September 5th through December 1st.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to participate in brainstorming sessions to help ideate and problem solve for clients
- Using a combination of independent research and collaboration this candidate will have the opportunity to bring a variety of digital storytelling concepts to life from ideation all the way through wireframing, design, prototyping as well as live front end experiences.
What you'll need:
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite; Photoshop and Illustrator are a must
- Strong understanding of prototyping and wireframing
- Understanding of UX/UI disciplines
- Core understanding of graphic design practices (such as typography, color theory, composition and conceptual applications)
- Experience with prototyping software such as InVision, Sketch, Oragmai, etc.
- Experience and passion for animation
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top