Fall 2017 Business Internship, POLITICO Pro
POLITICO Pro's Fall 2017 Business Internship
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, we have been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
POLITICO Pro is a subscription-based policy tool that provides real-time intelligence to professionals. As a business intern, you will work with POLITICO Pro's sales team to help build and grow our client base. This is an opportunity for college students to be exposed to and involved in many aspects of business development and operations including: research, lead assignment, and management.
Who you are:
- A junior, senior, or recent graduate (within the last six months), all majors accepted
- Interest in business development and sales operations
- A self-starter with a strong sense of time management
- A strong communicator
What you'll do:
- Learn the steps of the sales cycle
- Learn how to use Salesforce
- Learn how to organize data to inform business decisions
- Learn how to navigate a Content Management System
- Get exposure to the business development process through assisting with research and shadowing outside sales professionals on client pitches
- Assign leads to appropriate sales staff
- Assist with client trials and requested customization
What you'll need:
- Strong analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Enthusiasm and agility
- Availability to work approx. 15-20 hours per week for the fall semester
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top