Director, New Business Development (BUS0013)
POLITICO Pro is POLITICO’s real-time policy news service, designed to provide policy professionals with the fastest and most reliable intelligence and tools they need to effectively navigate Washington D.C.
With one of the largest rosters of policy reporters in the country, POLITICO Pro keeps professionals ahead of the curve on all legislative and regulatory issues that are important to their work. Pro currently serves fourteen different industry areas: Agriculture, Campaigns, Cybersecurity, Defense, Education, eHealth, Energy, Financial Services, Health Care, Labor & Employment, Tax, Technology, Trade and Transportation.
What differentiates POLITICO from other organizations is not only the quality of editorial content, but the caliber of people that it employs. POLITICO Pro seeks talented and smart candidates that work proactively to achieve business objectives while maintaining our culture of collaboration and development.
POLITICO is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial Director to join our pioneering and growing new business team. The Director position is a manager of sales position and will serve as a “team lead” on the new business team. This role involves managing a team of Account Executives and Business Development Associates and is responsible for coaching and improving the sales skills and performance of their team overall.
The ideal candidate will:
- Train and manage up to (4) four Account Executives and Associates to analyze the market to identify prospective clients, help Account Executives build a pipeline of potential new business opportunities and support the entire sales cycle
- Provide career development support to the Account Executives and Associates on their team
- Manage a pipeline of revenue opportunities at various stages of evaluation
- Provide support, best practices, and training to achieve quarterly revenue goals
- Respond to and channel market feedback to improve upon the service offerings
- Consistently meet and surpass quarterly revenue team goals
- 5+ years of professional experience including: sales of intellectual property, professional services, or information services; preferably with a subscription or renewal-based model
- Minimum 1 year experience of directly managing a new business sales team
- Experience selling to senior level executives
- Experience managing client relationships and maintaining a robust pipeline
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong client service ethic
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ideal candidate will have strong understanding of the DC marketplace
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to Salesforce.com or other CRM tools preferred
- B.A. / B.S. required.
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to [email protected] with this in the subject line: BUS0013
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top