Business Development Manager, POLITICO Pro (BUS0036)
POLITICO is looking for a Business Development Manager to support new business through day-to-day management of the Business Development Associate (BDA) team.
Coaching / Training / Development:
- Meeting with BDAs individually to discuss visit pipeline, meetings scheduled and coach on overall strategy
- Meeting with BDAs individually to listen to sales calls together, and coach through scripting and call practice
- Conduct weekly BDA meetings discussing best practices and team strategy
- Coordinating and assisting with performance reviews every 6 months
- Assist with BDA Onboarding and training
- Establishing an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with each BDA
- Working through staffing or performance issues as they relate to the BDAs
- Using performance metrics to track pacing against the monthly pacing visit goal for meetings scheduled and to track towards the team’s quarterly revenue goal
- Setting individual goals and creating contests to further incent BDAs to reach targets for meetings scheduled
- Communicating essential information from leadership to the BDA team
- Communicating with the leadership and management team to reinforce messaging and role standards for the BDAs
- 2 years of professional experience, ideally with experience in an entry level sales role making sales calls and managing others, including internship and externship roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience in a comparable professional environment
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to [email protected] with this in the subject line: BUS0036
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top