Business Development Associate, POLITICO Pro
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, we have been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
POLITICO Pro was launched in February 2011 to provide ahead-of-the-curve reporting similar to the high-impact, high-velocity brand of journalism that made POLITICO Washington's ultimate must read.
Pro currently provides coverage of multiple policy areas including: finance, energy, health care, technology, and transportation, and recently announced the addition of education, agriculture, and trade coverage to meet subscriber demand.
What differentiates POLITICO from other organizations is not only the quality of editorial content, but the caliber of people that it employs. POLITICO Pro seeks talented and smart candidates that work proactively to achieve business objectives while maintaining our culture of collaboration and development.
POLITICO is seeking Business Development Associates (BDA) to help identify and contact future Pro subscribers. The BDA role is ideal for goal-oriented candidates looking to develop valuable sales experience within a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and contact prospective clients using both in-bound leads and prospecting strategies
- Schedule quality visits with top-tier contacts through consistent and creative outreach
- Research potential clients and identify key information to prepare Account Executives for sales appointments
- Coordinate meeting logistics and prepare marketing materials
- Assist Account Executives throughout the evaluation process to assure prospective clients receive the highest quality service and have an optimal experience
What You'll Need:
- 1 year of professional experience, including internship and externship roles
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong client service ethic
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top