Art Director (EDI0064)
We’re looking for a conceptual and innovative art director with a passion for visual storytelling. This person will be an integral part of the team leading visuals for POLITICO Magazine, an award winning publication. The ideal candidate can think cross-platform to best communicate a story, integrating photography, illustration and infographics. If you are hands-on, energetic, and looking to help grow our caliber of visual journalism, we’re excited to hear from you.
- Collaborating with editors to guide the visual storytelling
- Assigning, art directing and creating illustration
- Assigning infographics and data visualizations, as well as working with our in-house team and creating some of your own
- Working closely with our photo editor to best tell stories photographically; brainstorming photo essay ideas
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable working in a newsroom environment and on deadline
- Driving journalism through different forms of storytelling – photography, illustration, infographics, and design
- Able to design stories in print and digital mediums, as well as coordinate production
- Can integrate brand consistency, while giving each story a unique look and feel
- 5+ years of experience in design, with proven experience in editorial
- Experience assigning and art directing illustration, as well as doing photo research and helping to coordinate shoots
- Excitement for growth, embracing new opportunities to tell stories, and being hands-on in our editorial department
- Strong eye for typography and photography
- Proactive team player, collaborative mentality with an ability to work with other members of our art team, as well as to take direction and feedback
- Keen attention to detail
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to [email protected] with this in the subject line: EDI0064
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top