Account Manager, POLITICO Pro - BUS0004
POLITICO Pro is a solution for policy professionals who demand targeted, policy-specific intelligence and a unique resource set to do their jobs. To serve our clients, we blend a fast-paced digital media environment with a culture of creative innovation. Our approach gives policy professionals the ability to stay one step ahead in an environment where seconds matter.
Interested? We are searching for the next great team member, someone who embodies the passion and drive of POLITICO Pro. If you thrive in a collaborative work environment, are customer-focused and hungry to grow your skill set for current and future opportunities, we want you to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager to join the POLITICO Pro team. Account Managers are an integral part of the POLITICO Pro business development team, serving as the main point of contact for building relationships with current subscribers.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Employ a results-oriented customer-service work ethic that renews a $2M+ contract pool to 90%+ renewal and 25%+ growth rates
• Grow accounts and research organizations for additional opportunities for market saturation
• Demonstrate a collaborative-based approach to working with product, editorial and new business teams to ensure an excellent client experience
• Thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Set the bar for professionalism in client-facing activities, e.g. in-person visits, calls, and web demonstrations.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years experience in a sales, fund-raising or consulting environment
• 1+ years of experience in sales or account management role, preferably in media, advocacy, public policy or professional services; specifically within a renewal or subscription-based model
• Familiar with developing and maintaining sales plans
• Interest in the DC marketplace and federal/state policy world
• Proven success using active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
• Adept at communicating across all levels of stakeholders while inspiring confidence
• Ethical, confident, intellectually curious with a “can do” attitude
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Explore a career with POLITICO Pro.
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience and contact information for three references to [email protected] with this in the subject line: BUS0004.
Back to top