Account Executive, POLITICO Pro
Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, we have been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
We are seeking a dynamic and goal oriented Account Executive with proven new business development experience to join our growing, collaborative POLITICO Pro team. The ideal candidate is comfortable conducting meetings and demonstrations with senior-level executives, while managing a robust pipeline. This person will meet and exceed revenue goals to help our team drive growth and expansion for POLITICO Pro.
Who You Are:
- Driven: Your calm demeanor and positive outlook help you exceed goals, make gains during a tough quarter, and successfully improvise when things don't go as planned.
- Collaborative: You welcome feedback and aren't afraid to ask challenging questions.
- A Problem Solver: You're focused on solutions and want our Pro team to succeed. We need your winning attitude.
What You'll Do:
- Grow our subscription business by conducting sales meetings with senior level executives, customizing marketing presentations and proposals to meet prospective client needs.
- Conduct evaluations and consult clients based on unique needs, and use strategic thinking to best position POLITICO Pro products and services.
- Train and manage a business development associate to identify prospective clients, hit their monthly meeting goals and support your sales cycles, while supporting the associate in their career development.
- Manage a pipeline of 20-25 evaluations through full sales life cycle, to close. You will use your skills in evaluation and negotiation to close opportunities and achieve established quarterly revenue goals.
- Recognize and relay feedback from the market and clients for product success. You'll use that same skill to implement personal feedback from managers for your development.
What You'll Need:
- B.A. / B.S. required.
- Strong work ethic demonstrated by 2-5 years of proven new business development and experience hitting target revenue quotas.
- Exposure to Salesforce.com or other CRMs used to manage pipeline and other sales lifecycle efforts.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and a firm understanding of the DC marketplace.
POLITICO Pro is POLITICO's real-time policy news service, designed to provide policy professionals with the fastest and most reliable intelligence and tools they need to effectively navigate Washington D.C. With one of the largest rosters of policy reporters in the country, POLITICO Pro keeps professionals ahead of the curve on all legislative and regulatory issues that are important to their work. Pro currently provides in-depth coverage of sixteen different policy areas, and we are heavily investing in new products and services to continue its growth.
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top