Account Executive, POLITICO Pro (BUS0001)
We are seeking a dynamic and goal oriented Account Executive with proven new business development experience to join our growing, collaborative POLITICO Pro team. The ideal candidate is comfortable conducting meetings and demonstrations with senior-level executives, while managing a robust pipeline. This person will meet and exceed revenue goals to help our team drive growth and expansion for POLITICO Pro
Who You Are
- Driven: Your calm demeanor and positive outlook help you exceed goals, make gains during a tough quarter, and successfully improvise when things don’t go as planned.
- Collaborative: You welcome feedback and aren’t afraid to ask challenging questions.
- A Problem Solver: You’re focused on solutions and want our Pro team to succeed. We need your winning attitude.
What You’ll Do
- Grow our subscription business by conducting sales meetings with senior level executives, customizing marketing presentations and proposals to meet prospective client needs.
- Conduct evaluations and consult clients based on unique needs, and use strategic thinking to best position POLITICO Pro products and services.
- Train and manage a business development associate to identify prospective clients, hit their monthly meeting goals and support your sales cycles, while supporting the associate in their career development.
- Manage a pipeline of 20-25 evaluations through full sales life cycle, to close. You will use your skills in evaluation and negotiation to close opportunities and achieve established quarterly revenue goals.
- Recognize and relay feedback from the market and clients for product success. You’ll use that same skill to implement personal feedback from managers for your development.
What You’ll Need
- B.A. / B.S. required.
- Strong work ethic demonstrated by 2-5 years of proven new business development and experience hitting target revenue quotas.
- Exposure to Salesforce.com or other CRMs used to manage pipeline and other sales lifecycle efforts.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and a firm understanding of the DC marketplace.
POLITICO Pro is POLITICO’s real-time policy news service, designed to provide policy professionals with the fastest and most reliable intelligence and tools they need to effectively navigate Washington D.C. With one of the largest rosters of policy reporters in the country, POLITICO Pro keeps professionals ahead of the curve on all legislative and regulatory issues that are important to their work. Pro currently provides in-depth coverage of sixteen different policy areas, and we are heavily investing in new products and services to continue its growth.
How To Apply
Send a résumé and cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to [email protected] with this in the subject line: BUS0001.
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top