Account Executive, POLITICO Pro - BUS0001
POLITICO Pro is POLITICO’s real-time policy news service, designed to provide policy professionals with the fastest and most reliable intelligence and tools they need to effectively navigate Washington D.C.
With one of the largest rosters of policy reporters in the country, POLITICO Pro keeps professionals ahead of the curve on all legislative and regulatory issues that are important to their work. Pro currently serves fourteen different industry areas: Agriculture, Campaigns, Cybersecurity, Defense, Education, eHealth, Energy, Financial Services, Health Care, Labor & Employment, Tax, Technology, Trade and Transportation.
What differentiates POLITICO from other organizations is not only the quality of editorial content, but the caliber of people that it employs. POLITICO Pro seeks talented and smart candidates that work proactively to achieve business objectives while maintaining our culture of collaboration and development.
POLITICO is seeking experienced, entrepreneurial Account Executives to join our pioneering and growing team. The Account Executive position is a mid-level new business sales position with the primary objective of growing the subscription business.
The ideal candidate will:
- Conduct sales presentations with senior level executives
- Customize marketing presentations and proposals to meet prospective client needs
- Train and manage a business development associate to identify prospective clients, achieve monthly meeting goals and support the entire sales cycle; also supports associate in their career development
- Manage a pipeline of revenue opportunities at various stages of evaluation
- Achieve quarterly new business revenue goals
- Respond to and channel market feedback to improve upon the service offerings
- 1-4 years of new business sales experience
- Experience selling to senior level executives
- Experience managing client relationships and maintaining a robust pipeline
- Experience tracking towards and surpassing individual revenue goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong client service ethic
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Ideal candidate will have strong understanding of the DC marketplace
- Exposure to Salesforce.com or other CRM tools preferred
- B.A. / B.S. required.
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience, and contact information for three references.
Back to top