Senior/Principal Product Manager, Platform
About the role...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to lead the platform team for our home and auto insurance business to help us achieve our 2020 goal of being the fastest-growing home and auto insurance distributor in the US. You’ll sit at the convergence of product, operations, technical systems, and data to figure out how we can continuously make getting home and auto insurance more efficient, both for our customers as well as our internal teams.
You’ll have full ownership of the strategic approach and roadmap, and be responsible for driving execution to achieve objectives.
In this role, you will…
- Create a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision for the product you own and develop a roadmap to realize that vision
- Drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
- Use data to discover and justify investments as well as to analyze their impact
- Partner closely with our Operations and Engineering teams to ensure the problem space is well understood and solutions built have the intended impact
- Contribute to mentoring the teams and our process to improve the impact that the product organization has
- Define OKRs, track progress, and measure the impact of the team’s efforts against business goals
- Be a positive contributor to the Product team at large, e.g., help foster an environment of continuous learning, mentor team members, etc.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 6+ years experience building products with clear, demonstrable results, preferably with an enterprise, B2B and/or platform focus
- You have a strong track record of dealing with complex systems and building products in a way that supports scaling
- You have a strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- You have a solid design and technical understanding, such that you can engage with your counterparts in a collaborative and productive manner
- You have a strong analytical orientation; a focus on data driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- You have a STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top