Sales Associate - New Grad
- Durham, NC
Sales at Policygenius
Are you a recent college grad looking to start your career in sales? Are you a team-player, a great communicator, and ready to take the wheel and build your career? Policygenius has big goals and you could help us achieve them by joining our rapidly growing team. We are building the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance and need your help. Our sales teams are hiring for associates including:
- Life Insurance Sales
- Auto & Home Insurance Sales
No matter which team you join, Pg-ers thrive on collaboration, creativity, and thoughtful communication with customers as we create a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based. You’ll receive tons of training, 1:1 coaching, your Life or P&C Insurance licensing (don’t worry - we foot the bill!), and join a quickly growing team in Durham, NC as we scale our second HQ. We can’t wait to have you jumpstart your career with us!
- Onboard new insurance customers into the application and underwriting process at Policygenius by answering any and all questions with a positive attitude
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat, and text
- Master consultative selling to ensure that we are pairing customers up with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Collaborate with other life operations teams (customer service, customer success, case management and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Adhere to team guidelines and goals and meet quality standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in your daily work
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology
- A bachelor’s or other degree completed within the last year
- Strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone; past call center or customer service experience a plus
- A customer-focused mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, eagerness to learn, and effective problem-solving skills
- A desire to be a member of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening shifts (2:00pm-11:00pm), weekends (between 10:00am-9:00pm), and/or four 10-hour shifts per week, still averaging around 40-50 hours per week, 4-5 days per week
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Your Life or P&C Insurance License and access to other opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- Opportunities for growth and promotion up the sales ladder as well as the chance to network throughout Pg and explore new roles
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office in downtown Durham’s new 555 Mangum office space
- 401k plan, FSA and commuter benefits
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top