- Durham, NC
Life Insurance Sales Associate at Policygenius
Hey job-seeker! Our sales associate role is on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound leads for prospective life insurance customers, and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process)! Our sales team thrives on collaboration, creative competitions, and thoughtful communication with customers as we drive a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based.
Interested in joining our inside sales team? Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Guiding new life insurance customers through the application & underwriting process at Policygenius
- Acting as the subject matter expert with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat and text
- Taking a consultative sales approach to ensure that we are pairing customers up with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Addressing customer questions about life insurance, the policy they’re applying for, and the application process, all while maintaining a top notch client experience
- Providing live feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology
- Collaborating with the other life insurance teams (read: case management, customer success, and client experience) to ensure a seamless process for customers
- Mastering the workflows, team guidelines & goals, policies, software, and tools necessary to meet quality standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) day-to-day
- Contributing toward team goals and frequently supporting onboarding of new teammates (we're growing!!)
Here’s what you ideally bring to the table:
- Strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone; past call center or similar experience a plus
- A customer-focused mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, and effective problem-solving skills
- A desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred) and at least 1 year of work experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening shifts (2:00-11:00pm), weekends (between 10:00am-9:00pm), and/or four 10-hour shifts per week (still averaging around 40-50 hours per week, 4-5 days per week)
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Even if you don't think you fit the outlined experience, but are passionate about helping people and excited for a sales role, please apply!
Here’s what you could expect from us:
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office in downtown Durham (555 Mangum)
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you’re at the company that’s shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, has raised over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Polcygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top