Sales Associate - Disability & Advanced Planning
- Durham, NC
Advanced Planning at Pg...
Our high-performing Disability & Advanced Planning team is focused on helping our clients navigate the buying process for disability and life insurance policies -- and making sure they feel good about it! The Sales Associates and Case Managers work side-by-side to answer tough questions and offer advice on finding the best coverage available to protect clients’ income and financial security, all by tailoring financial plans to fit their needs. This role sits in our broader life insurance operations department and reports to our Disability Insurance Sales Manager.
As a Sales Associate, you would be part of a close-knit team that learns on-the-go and takes on any challenges that come our way.
In this role, you will...
- Drive a “needs-based” disability insurance consultative sales process & help our clients design the right policy that fits their unique situation
- Become an expert on our disability & permanent life insurance products through independent onsite training and cross-team collaboration
- Provide world class customer service
- Coordinate with our brokers and carriers to efficiently communicate our clients’ needs
- Provide and receive actionable feedback that will help drive efficiency, process, and product improvements
- Adhere to team norms and policies, while meeting quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your day-to-day
- Functional knowledge of and 2+ years insurance sales experience in life and disability insurance
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license
- A service mindset and passion to help clients problem solve tough and unique cases
- The ability to help clients understand the complexity of Life and Disability insurance products in simple language
- A basic understanding of financial planning (preferred)
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A positive attitude and desire to be part of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with the ability to overcome objections and think on your feet
- Self management and the ability to prioritize workflows
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, has raised over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top