Quoting & Underwriting Specialist - Property & Casualty
- Durham, NC
Property & Casualty at Policygenius...
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to sit in the driver’s seat and “take the wheel” in your career? We’re looking for an analytical and customer-minded specialist to join our high-performing team of Home & Auto experts! Our goal is to build upon the incredible foundation and culture we’ve created thus far by taking our newest product vertical and unprecedented client experience to the next level.
This team reviews incoming customers’ needs for home & auto insurance, then prepares proposals recommending coverage and final quotes. It's an engaging process that is mainly driven by sensitive data entry, combined with sound underwriting decisions. They prepare high quality quote proposals for our Sales team to use in their conversations with clients. They're also constantly looking to improve the processes and standards by which the team operates - and they set the pace when it comes to the team's overall production.
This is a unique opportunity to work across multiple teams at Policygenius to help us continue to grow - and help our customers find the best coverage possible!
In this role, you will...
- Review our customers’ current home & auto insurance needs, then prepare proposals recommending coverages and finalized quotes
- Consistently uphold our quality assurance standards and service level agreements
- Coordinate with our underwriters and carriers to effectively advocate for our customers’ needs
- Collaborate with our Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience and continue building out our rapidly expanding product line
- Holistically problem-solve to assist our customers with their unique home & auto needs
- Become a domain expert in our team’s processes, our carriers’ appetites, and cross-functional functions
- Identify and vocalize potential areas of improvement in our workflows, product, and processes
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 1-3 years’ of property & casualty experience and a high level understanding of P&C products
- You can quickly adapt to new technology and are able to navigate multiple systems seamlessly
- You’re super analytical, passionate about problem-solving, and extremely detail-oriented
- You value a consultative approach and have a strong customer-first mindset
- You’re a team player with exceptional self-management and organizational skills
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top