People Operations Manager
- Durham, NC
Are you a people person? Do you like helping others solve problems and navigate their own way? Eager to be on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic People Operations Manager to join the Policygenius People team!
Reporting into the Associate Director, People Operations, you will work alongside key stakeholders to craft and carry out people programs to foster employee fulfillment and organizational effectiveness. You’ll help to deliver high-impact initiatives, design innovative programs, and develop efficient processes across a myriad of strategic HR functions. You will be essential in helping to scale and support the day-to-day people operations of a growing office.
In this role, you will…
- Respond to HR-related questions and matters that span a bevy of areas (including employee relations, immigration, benefits, compensation, and onboarding/offboarding) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e. maintaining documentation, staying current on employment law, and leveraging outside counsel) where necessary.
- Serve as business partner to assigned departments, building trust-based relationships with employees at all levels. Promote a culture of learning by supporting leaders and emerging leaders with unbiased perspective, counsel, and direct & caring feedback, providing coaching/guidance, and handling sticky situations to resolution.
- Partner with the other people team leadership and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders to drive people programs and talent model strategy--including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, employee fulfillment, and internal communications
- Become an expert in and manage our HRIS (Ultipro), acting as a point person for all local office system-related inquiries, managing reporting, and streamlining processes and configuration where necessary.
- Constantly be evolving people ops practices by analyzing trends and utilizing data to inform, developing people programs, and influencing change.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of professional (ideally start-up) experience in various aspects of HR; with at least 1 year experience supporting as a business partner. Bachelor’s, PHR, and/or SHRM a plus!
- You have a deep understanding of HR programs including total rewards, coaching, performance management, compliance/labor relations and have experience using a complex HRIS system (Ultipro preferred)
- You have natural, authentic people skills. You’re a great listener and have a knack for building trust-based relationships at all levels. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications.
- You would describe yourself as nimble. You know how to zoom out to think on behalf of an organization and can zoom in to tackle nuances at an individual level.
- You hold a self-starter mindset, have gumption to take the wheel before being asked, and take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- You are highly motivated and process-driven with exceptional attention to detail.
- You are fluent in “people problem-solving.” You’re a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and the company.
- You are aligned with Pg’s people philosophy. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing culture, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and know how to use data and tech to glean insights.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top