Head of Acquisition Marketing
- New York, NY
About the role...
Policygenius is seeking a passionate, growth-oriented, and analytical Head of Acquisition Marketing to lead the growth team that manages all paid online and offline advertising. The role will be responsible for the strategy and execution to drive growth at a key inflection point for the company, working closely with other functional leaders to scale 3+ business units in an efficient and ROI-positive way.
In the first role of its kind, this person will lead a team that manages digital channels (paid social, SEM, display, etc.), offline channels (TV, direct mail, radio/podcast), experimentation across new channels, marketing analytics, and testing and optimization. This position reports directly to our VP of Marketing.
In this role, you will…
- Oversee all paid marketing with the focus on meeting revenue, ROAS, customer acquisition cost, and LTV goals
- Lead a team of acquisition marketers and build a culture of testing and innovation as we continue to scale the business
- Drive experimentation on new channels as well as testing and optimization of channels, influencing our attribution and measurement systems as we go
- Collaborate with the Brand team and Product marketing teams to ensure that we deliver consistent and resonant messaging, leveraging consumer and competitive insights, across all paid marketing
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Product, Analytics, Operations, and Product marketing to drive a key function, shape long-term strategy, and provide visibility into marketing initiatives and strategy
- Take a strategic approach to leading and optimizing channels to meet ROI, and budget goals
- Build and maintain relationships with key agencies, local partners, and cross-functional teams
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 8+ years of digital marketing experience
- You have experience with multiple acquisition channels, AB testing, creative testing, and landing page testing
- You have a proven track record in a high growth business within retail, e-commerce, marketplace or a B2C business
- You have strong analytical skills and familiarity with attribution methods
- You have experience building, hiring, and managing teams
- You are an innovative thinker with the ability to operate both in a strategic capacity, but also able to execute with a very high bar
- You have strong communication skills and comfort and experience working closely with senior leadership
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top