Engineering Manager - Mobile
- New York, NY
Software Engineering at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment-oriented. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
Our growth teams build our interactive marketplaces and other consumer facing apps and websites that help customers find the financial protection they need. You’ll be joining one of our venture teams bringing new products to market and building a new technical platform for Policygenius. They are fast-paced and nimble, partnering with Product, Design, and other experts to prove hypotheses and discover effective solutions.
In this role, you will…
- Partner with product, UX, and business stakeholders to shepherd a new venture opportunity
- Take on the development and advancement of your team's technical vision
- Coach and mentor a full-stack team of software developers to help them realize their potential
- Recruit, hire, and retain the team to scale as our business grows
- Create a highly technical, supportive, and inclusive environment for the team you lead
- Collaborate with leadership to create a technical strategy for your products and systems
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, creating and supporting customer-facing products
- You have experience shipping products on at least one mobile platform
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and in an experimental, iterative environment
- You have 2+ years managing a software development team
- You have a proven track record of mentoring and developing the careers of software engineers
- You have experience forging collaborative partnerships with product managers and designers
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You have experience working in an agile environment
Technologies You Will Use
- GraphQL for communication for front-end data gathering, gRPC and REST for service interaction
- Google Cloud Platform: Kubernetes, Cloud SQL, Cloud Functions, PubSub, BigQuery, DataStore, and more: we keep adopting new tools as we grow!
- Our build pipeline pulls from Git to build on BuildKite and deploy Docker-based services to Kubernetes in GCP
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but we’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, and better ways of getting things done.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top