- New York, NY
About the role…
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class personal finance content that helps readers get their money goals done right. The Editorial Director will manage and mentor the team responsible for producing our flagship financial newsletter with the goal of developing — and expanding — our editorial brand over time. This role will report to the Head of Content.
In this role, you will…
- Manage, mentor and motivate editorial team members to produce high-quality content and meet core business goals
- Establish, implement and maintain consistent editorial standards, including voice, tone, perspective and copy guidelines
- Supervise all editorial content production and ensure the copy and visuals are meeting those standards
- Ideate, create and creatively distribute new content properties, series, features and campaigns for email, social and digital channels in concert with direct reports
- Work with senior leaders to set, track and achieve goals for audience growth and retention
- Support and collaborate on the overall content marketing strategy, ensuring alignment across key stakeholders, initiatives, partnerships and performance metrics.
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have 10+ years of experience in content development/management; bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing a plus!
- You have a history of successfully managing editorial teams; demonstrated skill developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You foster a collaborative work environment via strong listening and communication skills
- You have superior editing/writing skills and exceptional editorial judgment, including the ability to make tough calls in short turnaround times
- You have proven track record of growing an audience and driving engagement while meeting commercial revenue goals
- You have knowledge of digital media trends and platforms — and a penchant for gaming them!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top