Director of Product Marketing
- New York, NY
Policygenius is looking for a talented Director of Product Marketing to join the Marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role will be responsible for driving best-in-class consumer marketing to make Policygenius the destination for our core products. It’s a highly collaborative role, generating valuable consumer insights, ideating narratives and campaigns to market our products, and working cross-functionally with Marketing, Brand, Creative, and Product to launch those initiatives.
About the role...
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for owning our consumer marketing strategy for our various product verticals (life insurance, home & auto insurance, and more), driven by deep understanding of our customer, analysis of the competition, and savvy ability to tell customer narratives.
You’ll help define how customers think about our brand and our products, and work with your peers among the Marketing and Product team to bring consumer narratives to life. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this position has the unique opportunity to work cross-functionally on high-visibility projects, shape and lead the product marketing function, and see impactful ideas through to execution.
- Lead and develop a team of product marketers, each responsible for a product vertical
- Develop, with your team, a rigorous process to mine customer insights and conduct competitive assessments, sharing those findings with Product, Marketing, and other teams
- Translate findings into actionable consumer narratives, product features, and marketing campaigns, working cross-functionally to bring those to life
- Keep up with what’s going on with consumer brands and consumer marketing. You have a sense of how best to reach the customer and engage them.
- Bring a structured approach to launching consumer initiatives, working with your team and peers to launch
- Be a leader at the table with our Product team, helping to prioritize new features, tests and products based on your understanding of our consumer insights
- 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing and/or related fields, growth-stage startup experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience leading, recruiting and motivating high-performing teams in fast-paced environments
- A passion for consumer brands and marketing
- A knack for empathizing with the customer and internalizing insights we uncover about the customer
- Superior written and verbal communication skills for customer-facing and internal audiences
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Sales teams
- Hands-on experience with marketing and product platforms, and in particular with deploying A-B tests to consumers
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Back to top