Advanced Planning at Pg...
Our high-performing Disability & Advanced Planning team is focused on helping our clients navigate the buying process for disability and life insurance policies -- and making sure they feel good about it! The Case Managers and Sales Associates work side-by-side to answer tough questions and offer advice on finding the best coverage available to protect clients’ income and financial security, all by tailoring financial plans to fit their needs. This role sits in our broader life insurance operations department and reports to our Disability Insurance Sales Manager.
As a Case Management Associate, you would be part of a close-knit team that learns on-the-go and takes on any challenges that come our way.
- Walk clients through the buying process, from application to putting the policy in place
- Coordinate with with our brokers and carriers to efficiently communicate our clients’ needs
- Conduct regular client follow-up and check-ins on outstanding applications, exams, financial documents, and phone interviews
- Adhere to team norms and policies, while meeting quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Functional knowledge of and 1+ years work experience in insurance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license (preferred)
- A service mindset and passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A positive attitude and desire to be apart of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Self management and the ability to prioritize workflows, keeping calm under pressure
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Please note that we are hiring for this role on an extended timeline, with a target start date in the second half of 2021.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!