SQL Server DBA
Come help us write great software.
Polaris is looking for SQL Server DBA’s ready for a challenge. Ready to forge new solutions to influence healthcare. Ready to create future software releases at a rapidly growing organization. Ready to join an organization that values creativity and ingenuity without roadblocks. Ready to take pride in the work they do every day.
Polaris is opening a brand new, dedicated software development center, and we’re looking for a group of top engineers to join our team.
About Our Development Team
We are a proud team of creative & collaborative thinkers whose reputation as innovators and industry experts is globally recognized. We are a highly motivated team of IT professionals who enjoy creating leading-edge business solutions for the life sciences healthcare law compliance business. The development team’s role is to enhance the organization’s competitive edge by overseeing the integration of today’s ever-changing technology with the ever-changing healthcare laws and regulations.
Our development team is far reaching, and provides its members opportunities to work on a variety of projects and platforms with clients across the globe. We are not measured on daily targets, but on the strength of our solutions. We do not just hire coders; we expect our developers to have careers with us, to grow as individuals in the organization to become leaders and influencers while bringing their best to our software. We are looking to build a team that takes pride in the tools they create.
Polaris’ software development organization is tasked with designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to improve and enhance our product software. Our software is surprisingly complex, constantly evolving, and offers new and exciting challenges while giving developers the ability to think and create. This is a position for a hardworking and creative software developer offering tremendous ability to make an impact.
- Evaluating existing systems; propose solutions for optimizing the database objects and/or queries
- Create and execute DB packages for deployments
- Periodically review queries, views or stored procedures written by developers and provide input on best practices and coding standards
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases
- Completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
- Provides information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Collaborate with team members to develop and maintain suitable coding standards
- Attend personal training for at least one week per half year to improve skills
The following skills are required of our team members:
- 5+ year of experience in Database design and modelling using Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to design data warehousing and business intelligence platforms
- Ability to analyze database objects to identify performance improvement areas and tune database for optimal performance
- Hands on experience with maintaining DB backups, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Well versed with Industry best practices for disaster recovery processes
- Expert with SSRS and SSIS
- Experience with bulk data migrations and ability to develop migration strategies
- Process oriented, problem solving and quality focused attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional and interdepartmental teams
- Master’s Degree preferred (minimum Bachelor’s degree) – Preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Physical and Location Requirements:
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis (core hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday in the New Jersey Office)
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus bonuses
- Flexible work arrangement possible
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k plus match, etc.
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top