Senior .NET Developer (Amsterdam)
We strongly believe that the key factors for a successful career in our company are an intrinsic drive, team spirit, an analytical mind, and an active and open communication style combined with an interest in working in a technology driven environment.
We welcome your application for a Senior .NET Developer if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, master’s degree preferred
- Experience in supporting ERP and/or workflow driven systems
- Experience in supporting users across geographies & being able to manage SLA accordingly
- At least 3-4 years of experience in using ASP.NET for developing Internet/Intranet based applications
- Experience in designing applications using MVC 4.0 and Entity Framework.
- Experienced in the various stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- A good understanding about object oriented analysis, design, and development
- Experienced in the analysis, development, maintenance and documentation of business requirements
- Hands on experience is developing and designing windows and web services using WCF.
- Database experience: database programming in SQL Server (2005/2008) using T-SQL and Data Transformation Systems (DTS and SSIS)
- Development Tools experience: Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Operating System experience: Windows 7/8/2000/2003/NT/XP
- Programming languages experiences: C#.NET, VB.NET and SQL.
- Web Servers: IIS 6.0 and 7.0
- Ability to interact with client to understand problems
- Experience in keeping detailed records regarding problems, causes, and resolutions
- Ability to understand business processes and their relation to technology
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude when challenged by difficult situations
- Strong MS Office skills
- A pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, or medical education background, particularly in medical affairs or medical education, a plus but not a requirement.
- A work permit for the EU
About the Position
The Senior .NET Developer will have hands on development responsibilities 20%-30% of the time and will be performing system changes for enhancements or bug fixes identified in the live systems. The Senior .NET Developer will also be managing our off-shore resources 70%-80% of the time.
The Senior .NET Developer will be responsible for analysis, development, and implementation of enhancements and fixes to data driven web based applications. Transact-SQL and C#.NET programming are required. The Support Developer should be able to work independently and within a team to deliver end-to-end solutions for small projects; the candidate should be able to define and implement the software development life cycle utilizing existing development and source code version control procedures.
- Understand and adhere to the agreed SLA between Polaris and clients
- Develop, test, and implement system fixes
- Analyze, enhance, and customize current web applications
- Support quality assurance testing and production installations
- Create analysis, design, and test documents
- Provide technical support to internal consultants working on client projects
- Interface with clients to gather and document business and system requirements
- Provide customer support as and when required
- Interact directly with Polaris clients primarily via phone and trouble shoot reported incidents
- Understand clients’ business policies and procedures.
- Both technical acumen and interpersonal communication skills are critical
- Analyze submitted tickets and identify/propose solutions to automate (e.g: Routine tasks like data change requests are submitted as tickets and could potentially be automated)
We offer you a career
While we will offer you a specific role (your starting role will be determined based on your experience), it is our goal to offer you a career. With our strong focus on personal development, we want to help you continue to grow as a professional as well as within our organization.
In addition, we strongly believe that being part of a small and growing team provides a great degree of freedom and independence that will result in an enjoyable and unparalleled learning experience.
Specifically we offer:
- Very attractive salary and benefits (competitive within the consulting industry)
- An open company culture – not hierarchical
- An attractive job location, working from our headquarters in Amsterdam on the Zuidas
- The opportunity to temporarily work from our headquarters in New York
- The opportunity to work in a growing start-up environment – with plenty of room for ingenuity
- The opportunity to work independently
- A career management program tailored to your development needs
- A customized training program, including on-boarding in our office in New York
- The opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues with backgrounds in consulting and IT, who have worked for companies such as McKinsey, BCG and Accenture
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top