Desktop Support Technician
Polaris is seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual to join our New York, IT Team. The ideal candidate will be excited about learning new technologies, has a can-do attitude and is result driven.
- Support all end users in New York office, primarily, as well as supporting other offices.
- Candidate will go through ticketing queue on a daily basis and escalate requests as required.
- Candidate will set up equipment and user account for all new hires.
- Candidate must be accessible to all employees starting at 8:30am.
- This is a 3 month contract position with the portential to hire full time.
Requirements & Skills
- 2-3 years of work experience in Desktop Support or in a similar role
- Ample Customer Service experience with great customer service skills
- Experience working with Office 365 admin console, adding and removing users/licenses as well as troubleshooting Office suite
- Experience setting up Dell laptops with Windows 10 as well as troubleshooting common issues
- Knowledge or experience in SharePoint is a plus
- Basic knowledge of networking, troubleshoot wireless and LAN issues, DNS, DHCP, IP assignment
- Basic knowledge of Hyper-V administration, clustering, VM creation
- Able to perform remote troubleshooting via phone or remote desktop
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, setting up profiles and troubleshooting
- Ability to manage inventory and asset tagging
- Experience with Exchange server a plus
- Excellent communication and analytical thinking skills
- Positive and energetic attitude towards technical challenges
- Self-motivated and works through issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis (core hours are 8:30am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday in the New York Office)
- Bachelor's Degree – Preferably in a related fiep>
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top