Campus - Support Developer (New Jersey) - Jan/July 2017
Polaris specializes in consulting and technology solutions for pharmaceutical companies. We are at the forefront of the industry in terms of delivering technology through innovation fueled by our entrepreneurial culture.
Polaris employs over 200 people worldwide, and has been in business for more than 15 years. We are a truly global firm, speaking more than 37 languages. We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Amsterdam, Boston, and San Francisco.
Learn more about our company and culture: http://polarismanagement.com/?page_id=124
See our spotlight on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/polaris
Come help us write great software.
Polaris is looking for software contract developers to work for 6 – 9 months. We are looking for strong and passionate individuals who are ready for a new challenge.
About Our Development Team
We are a proud team of creative & collaborative thinkers whose reputation as innovators and industry experts is globally recognized. We are a highly motivated team of IT professionals who enjoy creating leading-edge business solutions for the life sciences healthcare law compliance business. The development team’s role is to enhance the organization’s competitive edge by overseeing the integration of today’s ever-changing technology with the ever-changing healthcare laws and regulations.
Our development team is far reaching, and provides its members opportunities to work on a variety of projects and platforms with clients across the globe. We are not measured on daily targets, but on the strength of our solutions. We do not just hire coders; we expect our developers to have careers with us, to grow as individuals in the organization to become leaders and influencers while bringing their best to our software. We are looking to build a team that takes pride in the tools they create.
Polaris’ software development organization is tasked with designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to improve and enhance our product software. Our software is surprisingly complex, constantly evolving, and offers new and exciting challenges while giving developers the ability to think and create. This is a position for a hardworking and creative software developer offering tremendous ability to make an impact.
- Develop and maintain Polaris’ core software products, including base solutions, web services and interfaces with a focus on high quality, configurable, and easy to launch applications
- Implement and deploy Polaris’ core software products for clients, including unique customizations, configurations, and data requirements
- Analyze existing solutions to provide recommendations on improvements
- Drive development to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and with prestigious quality
- Collaborate with team members to develop and maintain suitable coding standards
- Attend personal training for at least one week per half year to improve skills
- Contribute to project effort estimations
- Review project requirements and provide feedback to project managers
The following skills are required of our team members:
- 5+ years of work experience using the Microsoft .NET Framework including but not limited to ASP.NET, C#, Web Services, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, and SQL Server
- Minimum 2+ years of hands on web development experience using ASP.NET MVC
- Hands-on experience with HTML5, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server administration
- Windows Workflow Foundation and custom report skills is a plus
- Working knowledge of web service technologies including WCF and Web API.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional and interdepartmental teams
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
The following are preferred, but are not required:
- SharePoint development experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Physical and Location Requirements:
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis for 6-9 months (core hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday in the New Jersey Office)
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus bonuses
- Flexible work arrangement possible
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k plus match, etc.
- *Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top