Applications Support Analyst - Amsterdam
Polaris, a fast growing and entrepreneurial consulting and technology company, active in the field of Life Sciences Compliance, is looking for an Application Support Analyst to continue to build our business in Europe, working from our European headquarters in Amsterdam.
At Polaris you will:
- Work closely with international clients in the Life Sciences industry, where you will provide consulting and software services in order to improve their compliance processes
- Work together with our international development team to deliver our software solutions
- Develop relationships with clients
- Have opportunities to develop your career further within a fast growing technology environment
About the Role
Polaris is seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual to join our Amsterdam Application Support team. The ideal candidate will be excited about learning new technologies, has a can-do attitude, is result driven, and brings the ability to rapidly learn. The Application Support Analyst provides our customers with proactive and efficient support service in the resolution of customer support tickets for our software systems.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of customer care by effective communication, reporting, and handling of all customer issues or dealings with the Support Team
- Support customers by answering queries regarding our suite of software products verbally and in writing
- Own customer issues from beginning-to-end resolution
- Ensure that the customer support processes are followed
- Manage customer expectations
- Internal escalation management
- Determine the nature and the severity of the problem reported
- Identify the scope and boundaries of the problem
- Hold regular status report calls with client
- Interact with development team to determine the release of maintenance releases and emergency patches
- Identify areas for improvement in the software and processes
- Keep accurate records of discussion or correspondence with customers
Specific Tasks Include:
- Develop and maintain trust with clients
- Hold regular conference calls with clients
- Plan and coordinate maintenance releases – A release plan includes scheduling and coordinating construction (fixes), testing and installation of the release.
- Maintain and update customer contact information for off-hours support team, in event of a production down situation
- Ticket resolution, to meet SLA (Service Level Agreement) standards
- University degree – preferably in Information Technology
- 0 to 4 years of experience – preferably in IT applications management
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a passion for innovation
- Experience supporting customer operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech software environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English; German and French are an advantage
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- Programming language knowledge a plus
- Work permit for the EU
We offer you a career
While we will offer you a specific role (your starting role will be determined based on your experience), it is our goal to offer you a career. With our strong focus on personal development, we want to help you continue to grow as a professional as well as within our organization. Our model comprises of six roles: application support analyst, sr. application support analyst, support team lead, support manager, director, and partner. It is our goal to help you progress through these steps, and there are also opportunities to grow outside of our support area (e.g. development, consulting).
In addition, we strongly believe that being part of a small and growing team provides a great degree of freedom and independence that will result in an enjoyable and unparalleled learning experience.
Specifically we offer:
- Very attractive salary and benefits (competitive within the technology industry)
- An open company culture – not hierarchical
- An attractive job location, working from our headquarters in Amsterdam on the Zuidas
- The opportunity to work in a growing start-up environment – with plenty of room for ingenuity
- The opportunity to work independently
- A career management program tailored to your development needs
- A customized training program, including on-boarding in our office in New York
- The opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues with backgrounds in consulting and IT, who have worked for companies such as McKinsey, BCG and Accenture
- The possibility to specialize in the fields of technology and Life Sciences
Polaris is a software and consulting company that is focused on delivering innovative compliance solutions to life sciences (pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech) companies. We offer consulting services (process, fair market value provisions and spend analysis), SaaS software solutions, and business process outsourcing to help our clients in their global compliance needs in order to make their processes more efficient.
Polaris is an international and entrepreneurial company with employees in the U.S., Europe and India. We have been active in Europe since 2011 and have a proven track record in the industry. We have our headquarters in New York with offices in San Francisco, Boston, Paris, and Amsterdam.
More information and applications
For any additional information or questions, please contact: [email protected] or call Elise Oussoren at +31 20 240 2517. You can also visit our website www.polarismanagement.com.
To apply, please send an email with cover letter and CV (in English).
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top