Application Support Analyst (New York)
Polaris specializes in consulting and technology solutions for pharmaceutical companies. We are at the forefront of the industry in terms of delivering technology through innovation fueled by our entrepreneurial culture.
Polaris employs over 200 people worldwide, and has been in business for more than 15 years. We are a truly global firm, speaking more than 37 languages. We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Amsterdam, Boston, and San Francisco.
Learn more about our company and culture: http://polarismanagement.com/?page_id=124
See our spotlight on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/polaris
The Application Support Analyst provides our customers with proactive and efficient support service in the resolution of customer support tickets for our software systems. We are looking for someone with great communication and has Project Management capabilities, since our ASAs will be managing clients and certain project aspects.
In order to carry out their tasks, an Application Support Analyst requires:
- Strong communication, customer support and reporting skills
- Project management experience
- Strong operational and administrative skills
- Strong business acumen
- Technical understanding (Preferred, but not required)
- ITIL best practices
- Demonstrate the highest standards of customer care by effective communication, reporting, and handling of all customer issues or dealings with the Support Team
- Support customers by answering queries regarding our suite of software products verbally and in writing
- Own customer issues from beginning-to-end resolution
- Ensure that the customer support processes are followed
- Manage customer expectations
- Internal escalation management
- Determine the nature and the severity of the problem reported
- Identify the scope and boundaries of the problem
- Hold regular status report calls with client
- Interact with development team to determine the release of maintenance releases and emergency patches
- Identify areas for improvement in the software and processes
- Keep accurate records of discussion or correspondence with customers
Specific Tasks Include:
- Develop and maintain trust with clients
- Hold regular conference calls with clients
- Plan and coordinate maintenance releases – A release plan includes scheduling and coordinating construction (fixes), testing and installation of the release.
- Maintain and update customer contact information for off-hours support team, in event of a production down situation
- Ticket resolution, to meet SLA (Service Level Agreement) standards
- Cover the Emergency Line (24 hour hotline) 1 week per month
Physical and Location Requirements:
- Ability to work in the New York City office (core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus bonuses
- Flexible work arrangement possible
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k plus match, etc.
- *Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top