Application Support Analyst (Hong Kong)
Polaris is seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual to join our Hong Kong team. This role will be located out of Hong Kong, but training will be done in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for the first few weeks. The ideal candidate will be excited about learning new technologies, has a can-do attitude, is result driven, and brings the ability to rapidly learn. The Application Support Analyst provides our customers with proactive and efficient support service in the resolution of technical support tickets for our software systems.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of customer care by effective communication, reporting, and handling of all customer technical and functional issues, or dealings with the Support Team
- Support customers by answering queries regarding our suite of software products verbally and in writing
- Own customer issues from beginning-to-end resolution
- Follow and ensure that the support processes and procedures are followed
- Manage customer expectations
- Internal escalation management
- Determine the nature and the severity of the problem reported as per our predefined definitions.
- Identify the scope and boundaries of the problem
- Lead regular status report calls with client
- Interact with development, product and IT infrastructure teams while managing different request types.
- Identify areas for improvement in the software and processes
- Keep accurate records of discussion or correspondence with customers
Specific Tasks Include:
- Develop and maintain trust with clients
- Lead regular conference calls with clients
- Provide after-hours emergency support as part of an after-hours schedule
- Build out and maintain knowledgebase of application-specific processes, known errors and other relevant documentation
- Maintain and update customer contact information for off-hours support team, in event of a production down situation
- Ticket resolution, to meet SLA commitments
- Ticket management as per ITIL principals
- Ability to work regularly out of our Hong Kong office, but train out of Amsterdam for the first few weeks
- University degree – preferably in Information Technology
- 0 to 3 years of experience – preferably in IT application support
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 Fundamentals, certification is not required but is a plus
- Experience with ticket management systems such as Zendesk
- Experience with Confluence is a plus
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a passion for innovation
- Experience supporting customer operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech software environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English; German, French, Mandarin or Japanese are an advantage
- Basic SQL, HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- New Relic experience is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge in Windows Server 2008r2, MSSQL 2008r2, IIS, Windows OS, IE.
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure is a plus
- Basic understanding of networking is a plus
- Programming language knowledge a plus
We offer you a career
While we will offer you a specific role (your starting role will be determined based on your experience), it is our goal to offer you a career. With our strong focus on personal development, we want to help you continue to grow as a professional as well as within our organization. Our model comprises of six roles: analyst, consultant, senior consultant, project manager, director, and partner. It is our goal to help you progress through these steps.
In addition, we strongly believe that being part of a small and growing team provides a great degree of freedom and independence that will result in an enjoyable and unparalleled learning experience.
Specifically we offer:
- Very attractive salary and benefits (competitive within the consulting industry)
- An open company culture – not hierarchical
- An attractive job location, working from our headquarters in Amsterdam on the Zuidas
- The opportunity to temporarily work from our headquarters in New York as part of our secondment program
- The opportunity to work in a growing start-up environment – with plenty of room for ingenuity
- A career management program tailored to your development needs
- The opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues with backgrounds in consulting and IT, who have worked for companies such as McKinsey, BCG and Accenture
- The possibility to specialize in the fields of consulting, IT, and Life Sciences
Meet Some of Polaris's Employees
Recruiting & Office Coordinator
Vanessa liaises between Polaris’ Human Resources and Office Management Teams. She incorporates innovative methodologies and practices that attract and retain the best IT talent from around the globe.
Back to top