Software Development Lead
Are you a software development leader looking to make a lasting difference for an award-winning employee-owned company? Are you skilled at building teams, creating architecture roadmaps, and leading teams across a variety of systems and platforms? Are you eager to be a key member of the team that drives technology growth and technical development? Point B is looking for a Software Development Lead to do these things and more.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that publications like The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
What you'll get to do:
- Oversee and contribute to the technical design, build, and implementation of solutions to business problems across multiple IT systems including websites, internal custom applications, and external facing solutions
- Contribute to the growth of software development services and external facing solutions
- Lead, mentor, and coach IT development resources working across different systems/platforms (including Salesforce, Azure, AWS)
- Manage vendor partner resources to maximize and optimize development work
- Help define what software development is at Point B by establishing best practices, processes, and tools
- Define and oversee Point B enterprise technical architecture
- Develop and execute an architecture roadmap
- Work with business partners to solidify requirements and align development work to business needs/value
- Participate in strategic planning and estimating exercises
- Engage in and contribute to our ongoing emerging technology R&D efforts
What we offer our Employees:
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and provides the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their customers
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual's unique needs and contributions to the firm
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- Participation in Point B's ESOP after one year of employment, making you an owner in the company
What we expect you have:
- Four year degree in Computer Science or related technology/engineering discipline
- 4+ years in a lead/management role with direct reports and associated responsibilities (hiring, performance reviews, mentoring, goal setting, etc.)
- Understanding of systems architecture and expertise in designing scalable solutions
- Experience building solutions in the Microsoft stack, Azure and/or AWS
- Experience building APIs for web based services
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented techniques, environment management, release management, coding best practices and deployment methodologies
- Outstanding communication and engagement skills
The kind of people we look for:
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Versatile individuals who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top