Software Development Lead
Are you a software development leader looking to make a lasting difference for an award-winning employee-owned company? Are you skilled at building teams, creating architecture roadmaps, and leading teams across a variety of systems and platforms? Are you eager to be a key member of the team that drives technology growth and technical development? Point B is looking for a Software Development Lead to do these things and more.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that publications like The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
What you'll get to do:
- Oversee and contribute to the technical design, build, and implementation of solutions to business problems across multiple IT systems including websites, internal custom applications, and external facing solutions
- Contribute to the growth of software development services and external facing solutions
- Lead, mentor, and coach IT development resources working across different systems/platforms (including Salesforce, Azure, AWS)
- Manage vendor partner resources to maximize and optimize development work
- Help define what software development is at Point B by establishing best practices, processes, and tools
- Define and oversee Point B enterprise technical architecture
- Develop and execute an architecture roadmap
- Work with business partners to solidify requirements and align development work to business needs/value
- Participate in strategic planning and estimating exercises
- Engage in and contribute to our ongoing emerging technology R&D efforts
What we offer our Employees:
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and provides the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their customers
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual's unique needs and contributions to the firm
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- Participation in Point B's ESOP after one year of employment, making you an owner in the company
What we expect you have:
- Four year degree in Computer Science or related technology/engineering discipline
- 4+ years in a lead/management role with direct reports and associated responsibilities (hiring, performance reviews, mentoring, goal setting, etc.)
- Understanding of systems architecture and expertise in designing scalable solutions
- Experience building solutions in the Microsoft stack, Azure and/or AWS
- Experience building APIs for web based services
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented techniques, environment management, release management, coding best practices and deployment methodologies
- Outstanding communication and engagement skills
The kind of people we look for:
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Versatile individuals who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top