Senior Business Intelligence Developer
What makes Point B different? Point B is a management consulting firm looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer who can help us continue to improve our data-driven decision capabilities.
At Point B, we put an emphasis on cultivating our employees while also providing them with the resources and opportunities to provide excellence in all services. And, above all, we aim to find colleagues who share our values, employee ownership mentality, and a desire to make Point B better.
It's no wonder that publications like Fortune Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead efforts to develop data warehouses, use dimensional modeling, and create Tableau reports that drive vital analytical insights and improve business results
- Apply your expertise in business intelligence, development, and testing to help shape and refine the business intelligence capability within Point B
- Work on critical analytics initiatives with Point B leaders
- Build your skills and experience working across a variety of functional areas
- Grow as a leader working alongside senior Point B associates, as well as mentoring others
- Exercise your entrepreneurial spirit and contribute to the firm's growth as an employee-owner
What we offer our Associates:
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and provides the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual's unique needs and contributions to the firm
What we expect you've already done:
- 5-7 years of business intelligence experience
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business ideas
- Demonstrate experience in business data and analytics solution development and implementation, including data warehouse schema development, dimensional modeling, ETL creation and troubleshooting, and SQL coding
- Demonstrated advanced SQL skills
- Understand how a SQL Database Engine functions
- Proficient in quantitative analysis, visualization, and modeling using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Advanced in Excel, Tableau, SPSS, SAS, QlikView or PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to import, clean, transform, and model data with the purpose of translating complex information into meaningful clear conclusions for decision making purposes (preferred experience with SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Earned BA or BS with preference for quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics)
- Familiarity with project management or system development methodologies (familiarity with Agile and Atlassian/JIRA strongly preferred)
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile thinkers who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Talented individuals with an "owner mindset" that want to help grow the firm
YOUR OFFICE HOME BASE:
INTRIGUED TO LEARN MORE:
When you apply for this role, y our information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back wit hin 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
ABOUT POINT B :
At Point B , we work with some of the count r y's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , Digital Studio and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding P urpose and Values of our firm . Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. O ur local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce . We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top