Senior Business Analyst, Internal Business Applications Team
Point B is a management consulting firm looking for an IT Business Analyst to support Finance/Accounting, Internal Operations, and other functional areas as needed.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that publications like The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
What you'll get to do:
- Elicit, document and communicate business and user requirements/functional specifications related to the Finance/Accounting and Internal Operations Teams
- Manage requests from internal customers starting with initial request through architecture, solution implementation, testing, and final buy off from end users.
- Manage backlog of work from Finance/Accounting, Internal Ops and other business units as needed, including entering and updating tickets, prioritization and grooming of backlog, and sprint ceremonies
- Work with System Admins to support design of technical solution to ensure customer needs are being met
- Assist with test planning of technical solutions and support testing by facilitating resolution of identified bugs
- Assist with technical support and documentation of internal systems for assigned business units
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What we offer our Employees:
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and provides the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their customers
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual's unique needs and contributions to the firm
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- Participation in Point B's ESOP after one year of employment, making you an owner in the company
What we expect you've already done:
- 7+ years working with customers to gather/document requirements and see customer requests through architecture, development/config, testing and release
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent work/education related experience.
- Supported or led technical projects of various sizes and importance for Finance and Accounting departments in a corporate environment
- Used Jira or similar in an Agile environment to manage software configuration and development
- Developed excellent troubleshooting skills to identify problems from a functional perspective
- Experienced problem solver that is able to cut through ambiguity and roadblocks to define achievable solutions to complex business problems
- Maintained current knowledge about events, trends and developments which affect your role, business areas and the IT industry
- Developed proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile individuals who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
Back to top