Principal - Property Development
Point B Property Development is looking for experienced leaders to join our team as we shape and grow a new Point B national business in real estate development, as part of Point B's unique integrated set of businesses.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Vault.com® and many others.
This Property Development role is a unique opportunity as part of an entrepreneurial team to build a new business and advance our truly innovative approach to property development within the context of an established consulting and capital investment firm.
What you'll get to do:
- Be part of a team that is bringing fresh ideas and innovative thinking to an old school industry
- Work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment where you are looked to as a leader in growing a new business
- Work outside your comfort zone and grow your skills and abilities
- Innovate and create new ways of solving problems and issues endemic to property development
- Travel to project sites and client and partner relationships across the country
- Advise our property development clients and partners on their most strategic projects
- Help grow Property Development by leveraging the power of the Point B platform as well as your own network and relationships
- Collaborate with our management consulting and capital investment teams to deliver innovative results for our property development clients and partnerships
- Lead exciting property development projects through all phases of the development lifecycle
What we offer our Principals:
- The opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for building and growing an innovative business within Point B
- The support of a well-established consulting and capital investment firm and access to a rich network
- The opportunity to coach and mentor client leadership and earlier career project managers
- The opportunity to build a fun, collaborative culture with teams that are passionate about their communities and clients
- The opportunity to work in a world class firm with a variety of clients across a variety of industries and product types
What we expect you've already done:
- Proven yourself as an expert in the area of Real Estate Development with a proven track record of excellence across several of the following areas: Business Development, Project Management, Design/Construction Management, Deal Structuring, Planning and Entitlements, Development Financial Modeling and Analysis
- Worked within an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated effective communication and collaboration experience at the Sr. Leadership / C-suite level
- Proven your ability to build effective networks and relationships within and outside the organization
- Worked with minimal direction, showing self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Gained leadership experience across multiple industries, business areas, and project phases
- Earned a B.A. or B.S. degree; MBA preferred
- Accomplished 15+ years of business experience; Resort / Recreation, Retail, and/or Healthcare development experience also desired
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile team members who thrive on variety, challenge and all aspects growing a business
- Team players who are hungry, humble, and "people-smart"
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Self-starters who effectively deal with ambiguity, failures, and conflict
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients and communities
- Passionate and flexible entrepreneurs with the ability to travel up to 90%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top