Principal Management Consultant, Project Leadership
Point B is a management consulting firm looking for experienced consultants to join our Chicago practice and make a significant impact delivering to world-class clients and build our practice.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Crains®, Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead Point B engagement teams with planning and execution of our client's most complex, strategic initiatives
- Through delivery and sales, credibly advise C-level executives and senior leaders on how to effectively navigate their organizations to their desired outcomes
- Contribute to the development and growth of our Chicago market by working with Sales Directors, Portfolio Leaders and Account Leaders to qualify, credentialize, architect and close sales pursuits
- Architect client-centric solutions during sales and project mobilization that brings together Point B's various offerings and areas of expertise into a tailored solution with clear scope, approach, timeline and deliverables (reword – could use some of your expert massaging)
- Continually develop your subject matter expertise by developing thought leadership, developing best practices, and expanding our current service offerings related to project leadership, program management, portfolio management, project recovery and turnaround
- Inspire, coach and mentor our people by developing their skills in your subject matter expertise
- Work closely with Account Teams to provide best in class solutions to our customers
What we offer our Principals:
- The opportunity to be part of building and growing a practice area within Point B
- The support of a well-established consulting firm and access to a rich network
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
What we expect you've already done:
- Proven yourself as a subject matter expert in the area of Project Leadership, Program Management and the design and/or recovery of complex transformation projects and programs (solution architecture) with a proven track record of excellent client service delivery
- Supported sales pursuits within a consulting environment, with direct experience in large program and solution management
- Provided expertise and strategic insight to solving complex business problems, transformational initiatives and executive leadership
- Worked as an effective leader across multiple industries and business areas - financial services, retail, CPG and healthcare experience ideal
- Experience in data & analytics, mergers & acquisitions, digital services and future of work ideal
- Earned a B.A. or B.S. degree, MBA encouraged
- 10+ years of relevant business experience
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Proven leaders with a strong growth track record and mindset
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
YOUR OFFICE HOME BASE:
INTRIGUED TO LEARN MORE:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
ABOUT POINT B:
At Point B, we work with some of the countries most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting, Venture Investment and Advisory, and Property Development, our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership- Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Back to top