Principal Consultant, Point B Capital
Point B Capital is Point B's investment platform. We are Venture Capitalists focused on enterprise technology companies, and we extend our investment platform to Private Equity and Corporate VCs to provide a variety of investment services.
The strength of our investment platform is our close integration with Point B, a highly-acclaimed national professional services and investment firm specializing in management consulting, real estate development, and digital strategy. We leverage this deep and broad expertise, respected relationships, and resources to identify investment opportunities, strengthen due diligence, and accelerate investment portfolio growth.
What you'll get to do:
The principal is accountable for growing Point B's M&A consulting practice. This individual will collaborate across the Consulting and Point B Capital business units and leverage corporate development relationships and networking to drive business development for M&A consulting and support delivery of M&A engagements. The Principal will also support Point B's own future M&A efforts by networking, building a pipeline of prospects and leading the overall deal and due diligence activities and timelines.
- Build and expand our current M&A practice by driving business development and networking with Corporate Development and other M&A-related contacts at large & enterprise companies (both Point B's current clients and prospective ones)
- Understand market portfolio of industries and companies, trends, and competition
- Develop and maintain a strong professional network at target companies
- Generate demand and lead pursuit activities for target companies
- Collaborate with Consulting and Point B Capital leadership teams to architect solutions
- Design and deliver powerful capabilities and proposal presentations
- Help identify, develop, and sell other valuable Point B projects outside of M&A (other consulting, property development, etc.)
- Maintain client relationships through support, guidance and providing access to Point B resources and capabilities outside of a billable engagement
- Deliver as SME on M&A-related projects
The kind of people we look for:
- Passion for growing Point B
- Expertise in new client acquisition
- A deep and broad professional network that aligns to our target client base
- Demonstrated consulting agility and flexibility to build rapport with clients at all levels of the organization and drive to successful outcomes in the best interest of our clients
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations and make decisions with less-than-perfect information
- Ability to work effectively with internal leadership groups
- Passion for building and supporting our culture
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building a new practice area within Point B
- The support of a well-established consulting firm and access to a rich network
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- 10+ years in corporate development work with a large and/or reputable organization
- Successful track record in executing a wide range of transactions, including but not limited to acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, and divestitures
- Consulting experience desired
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work from home
- Ability to work non-standard work hours when necessary
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top