Principal Consultant - Organizational Effectiveness
Point B is an employee-owned management consulting firm looking for experienced consultants who want to be part of a dynamic, growing firm and make an impact with world-class clients.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead and advise consulting engagements that enable and drive significant organization change across our markets (up to 80% travel)
- Engagements include developing change management approach and strategies; designing and implementing organizational changes to roles, responsibilities, reporting relationships; designing and implementing training and communications; facilitating a wide range of meetings and conversations to reach clear outcomes and common understanding; advancing the capabilities of leaders and teams
- Lead organizational effectiveness business development efforts
- Further your Organizational Effectiveness subject matter expertise through development of service offerings, thought leadership and development of our people
- Broaden your leadership skills working across a variety of industries and functional areas
- Have a voice in identifying the projects you work on and clients that interest you
- Exercise your entrepreneurial spirit and contribute to the firm's growth as an employee-owner
What we offer our Principals:
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and the support to make it happen
- The chance to have a balanced lifestyle by working with local or national clients in a flexible consulting model
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual's unique needs and contributions to the firm
What we expect you've already done:
- Proven yourself as an Organizational Effectiveness leader, for a minimum of eight years, delivering client outcomes with subject matter expertise in organizational assessment and design, talent strategies, business process, technology, and/or financial analysis
- Performed engagement lead roles as primary contact for executive level stakeholders to develop strong client relationships and deliver project outcomes
- Worked within a consulting environment, with business and people development responsibilities
- Worked as an effective leader across multiple business areas and multiple industries. Demonstrated ability to lead in a peer-based culture.
- Earned a B.A. or B.S. degree and preferably an MBA
- National position, preferably resides in Chicago, Dallas, Seattle, or Southern California
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Talented consultants with a growth mindset who want to use their networking and relationship building skills to help growth the firm
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top