Principal Consultant - Mergers and Acquisitions
Point B is an employee-owned management consulting firm looking for experienced consultants who want to be part of a dynamic, growing firm and make an impact with world-class clients.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
At Point B, we lead some of our clients' most strategic initiatives. Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures can be some of the most transformative events in an organization's lifecycle. Point B has an M&A practice dedicated to helping our clients analyze, plan and execute these transactions. We believe value is created (or destroyed) on the basis of a good plan and efficient execution. Our M&A team works with buy-side and sell-side clients in healthcare, consumer products, technology, and a variety of other industries.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead organizations through the transformative lifecycle of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, and other transactions
- Partner with executives and functional leaders to prepare their people and systems for the upcoming transaction
- Drive execution of Day One and key transitional activities following the close of the transaction
- Work with clients to shape the future state of their business following the transaction
- Lead initiatives to capture synergies and create value
What we offer our Principals the opportunity to:
- Help growth a national Mergers and Acquisitions practice
- Partner with Point B's markets, industry teams and other service lines to pursue M&A related opportunities
- Support our dedicated sales team in introducing our M&A services to new clients
- Drive business development independently by generating and qualifying leads
- Develop creative M&A solutions to deliver high-value outcomes and demonstrate ROI
- Develop and leverage tools and practices that bring domain expertise to the sales cycle in rapid and repeatable ways
- Build our brand by developing thought leadership, publishing articles, speaking at conferences, etc.
- Develop our people by sharing best practices supporting delivery, mentoring, etc.
- Develop the delivery capabilities in other Point B consultants by providing subject expertise, mentoring and guidance
- Support other associates in their delivery on M&A projects
What we expect you've already done:
- Managed functional work-steams on multiple transactions, including HR, Accounting/Finance, IT, and operations.
- Served as the overall Integration Leader on multiple transactions, in a variety of industries
- Engaged with C-Level clients and led large cross functional programs.
- Led projects at multiple clients simultaneously
- Demonstrated an ability to drive a sales pursuit and successfully close business
- Beach-headed new clients, launched new engagements, on-boarded new associates and transitioned leadership to other associates.
- Earned a B.A. or B.S. degree and preferably an MBA
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile professionals and consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Comfortable with the unknown and the ability to plan and execute with less than perfect information
- Challenge their clients to think differently about their future
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Open to up to 80% travel
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top