Portfolio Leader, Healthcare
Point B is an employee-owned management consulting firm looking for talented experienced consultants to join our Chicago practice as a Healthcare Portfolio Leader. The Portfolio Leader is responsible for cultivating, extending and leading all aspects of Point B's engagements at a portfolio of provider clients to drive client specific business objectives. The Healthcare Portfolio Leader is responsible for growing and managing a healthy portfolio for revenue and profitability growth and providing and ensuring quality customer service delivery for their individual projects and those in their healthcare portfolio. The Healthcare Portfolio Leader is a client-supporting leadership role within a market portfolio.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead and grow the Chicago healthcare provider consulting portfolio in size and profitability, collaborating with relevant Geographic Market, Industry, Service Line and Business Unit (e.g. Point B Capital, Digital Studios, Property Development, etc.) leaders
- Cultivate and maintain strong Executive level relationships with Chicago healthcare organizations
- Develop and lead coordinated consulting sales plans across Chicago healthcare provider clients
- Set the overall strategic direction for client relationships, long-term planning and new business development for accounts in the healthcare provider account portfolio
- Evaluate the roadmap for a client's long-term vision, leading the account team to sell solutions that appropriately match business needs
- Deliver exceptional service and strategic value to our clients at approximately 40-60% billable time
- Act as trusted client advisor and earn loyalty through superior service and responsiveness; actively share Point B's expertise
- Develop Point B Account Leader's business development skills in key areas by providing feedback, identifying gaps and actively guiding progress in closing gaps
- Support Point B Account Leaders in account planning across growth and delivery
- Collaborate with Point B National Healthcare industry experts to stay current on provider trends and bring the best in class services and solutions to clients
What we offer our Portfolio Leaders:
- The opportunity to be part of building and growing healthcare practice within Point B
- The support of a well-established consulting firm and access to a rich network
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
What we expect you've already done:
- Demonstrated consulting experience in the healthcare provider industry including academic medical center, community hospital, physician practice, medical group and other ancillary services
- Experience working across multiple functions within the healthcare provider industry including clinical operations, finance, administration and technology
- Minimum of 7 years of business experience in the healthcare provider industry
- Minimum of 5 years consulting experience with healthcare provider clients
- Minimum of 2 years of leading sales pursuits and executing against sales plans and targets
- Demonstrated leadership in the healthcare provider industry – generating thought leadership, white papers and points of view
- Proven track record of building and maintaining a strong local network of healthcare provider clients and influencers in the Chicagoland area
- Strong track record of client relationship management in delivery capacity, business development and account leadership in the healthcare provider industry
- Demonstrated project management or leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, and strategic planning
- B.A. or B.S. degree required. MBA encouraged
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Proven leaders with a strong growth and delivery track record and mindset in the healthcare provider industry
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top