Management Consultant, Data & Analytics
Ready to combine your passion for data-driven solutions with your entrepreneurial spirit to help grow a Data and Analytics Consulting practice? Want to work for an established management consultancy that values individual initiative and is nationally recognized for being a ‘Best Place to Work'? Point B is looking for experienced Data and Analytics Consultants who can leverage their expertise to help our world-class clients navigate transformational change while also shaping the future of the Data and Analytics practice itself.
Point B is a management consulting firm like no other. We are a team of highly accomplished management consultants across a diverse set of disciplines that are empowered to drive change initiatives for our clients as well as lead the future of the practice and firm.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
Our Data and Analytics practice is a tenacious, fast-growing team focused on leading clients of all sizes, across diverse industries, through complex business issues to new places of data-driven excellence. From setting the strategic vision to executing individual initiatives, we help our clients identify their key business challenges and use data to uncover unique opportunities that create business value.
What you'll get to do:
- Lead our clients through transformational change by driving the design and execution of data and analytics strategies
- Use data and analytics to work collaboratively with client leaders to understand business challenges and the competitive market landscape to design the desired future state
- Contribute to the direction of our Data and Analytics Consulting practice through exceptional client service delivery and support of business development efforts
- Work with teams of client personnel and Point B consultants to plan and deliver on data and analytics initiatives
- Grow as a leader working alongside senior Point B consultants who provide mentorship and support
- Exercise your entrepreneurial spirit and contribute to the firm's growth as an employee-owner
What we offer our employees:
- The opportunity to be part of building a new practice area within Point B
- The support of a well-established consulting firm and access to a rich network
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and provides the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- A comprehensive, flexible Total Rewards program that supports and recognizes each individual's unique needs and contributions to the firm
What we expect you've already done:
- 3 to 7 years leading or participating in data and analytics projects, in a quantitative, data driven or highly analytical business environment
- Solved complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business ideas
- Developed and implemented data and analytics solutions
- Proven proficiency in quantitative analysis, visualization, and modeling using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Advanced in Excel, Tableau, SPSS, SAS, QlikView or PowerBI, etc.)
- Demonstrated the ability to import, clean, transform, and model data with the purpose of translating complex information into meaningful clear conclusions for decision making purposes (preferred experience with SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated the ability to work directly with clients to lead high priority initiatives and act as a trusted advisor
- Earned BA or BS with preference for quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics), MBA preferred
Examples of the work we do:
- Enable a large retailer to increase sales, reduce out-of-stock issues, and understand item-level costing by combining third-party logistics data and existing client data into powerful Tableau data visualization
- Work with a leading cancer treatment center to provide new insights that continuously improve treatment and inform mission-critical clinical decisions
- Build strategies and reporting that enable asset management firms to improve their data-driven decision capabilities
- Develop impactful, intuitive solutions to that support self-service analytics for an in-home care agency
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who are passionate about data and analytics and thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Comfortable transitioning between strategic and execution responsibilities to maximize client value
- Confident decision makers with a proactive mindset
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Open to travel up to 80% of the time
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top