Management Consultant, Business Analyst
Point B is a management consulting firm looking for talented consultants who want to make an impact with world-class clients.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that publications like Fortune magazine, the Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
Acting as a critical liaison between the client's business, technical, program, and support teams, the Business Analyst (BA) works closely with business teams to elicit and prioritize their requests, translates them into clearly documented functional and technical requirements specifications, and collaborates with the project teams throughout implementation, testing, and deployment to ensure that developed solutions conform to requirements and meet the needs of the business.
What you'll get to do:
- Work on business and technology initiatives with top clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies
- Work with stakeholders to understand their business needs and to help them define project scope
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle, including helping our clients:
- Define business cases
- Define requirements and document functional specifications
- Gather and analyze requirements
- Organize and document business needs to enable design and development, including elicitation and documentation of user stories, use cases, "as-is and "to-be process flows, etc.
- Create test cases, conduct user acceptance testing, and verify that deployed solutions are consistent with requirements and meet customer needs
- Develop training and other user experience (UX) content for end users
- Provide post-project application support
- Liaise with cross functional teams to identify, plan and implement required changes and enhancements to solutions
- Experience multiple project lifecycle models, including Waterfall, Agile, and various hybrids of the two
What we offer our Business Analysts:
- Challenging and diverse project work to grow your business analysis skills and exposure
- Support and mentorship from senior Point B consultants and leaders
- The opportunity to work face-to-face with our clients
- The chance to have a balanced lifestyle by working with local clients in a flexible consulting model
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture, with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their client
What we expect you've already done:
- Worked in a Business Analysis capacity for at least 2 - 5 years
- Gained experience identifying, documenting, and prioritizing requirements for business or technology projects
- Used various business analysis tools and practices to produce deliverables
- Worked within more than one industry and/or functional business area (desired)
- Worked within more than one project or system development methodology (agile preferred), across multiple phases of the project lifecycle
- Earned a B.A. or B.S. Degree
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top