Lead Billing Specialist
Point B is currently seeking a Lead Billing Specialist to join our Firm Wide Operations team. This position is a full-time position as part of the Firm Wide Finance Team and reports to the Accounting Manager.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Crains®, Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
What you'll get to do:
- Create and update opportunity, account, project and assignment information
- Process monthly billing and coordinate invoice delivery
- Support time and expense management, including interaction with client tracking systems
- Support accounts receivable activities
- Support revenue recognition
- Lead team of account support administrators by providing more support on complex engagements, questions and issues
- Manage business data including client project information and internal account structure
- Work cross-functionally with other business teams to meet firm goals and requirements
- Actively manage contract routing and storage
- Support contract compliance
- Support account leaders through a variety of tasks related to account operations
- Identify and document opportunities to enhance operational area processes, tools and programs
- Complete special projects and ad hoc analysis as assigned by management
What we expect you've already done:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 - 6 years of billing, bookkeeping and/or accounting experience
- 2 - 3 years of management or leadership experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; SalesForce and/or FinancialForce experience a plus
- Demonstrated finance and business competency
- Gained an understanding of financial statements and financial process flow
- Reviewed contracts or billing set-up for revenue recognition
- Developed excellent organization, communication, and time management skills
- Experienced in prioritizing, planning and organizing tasks and activities to ensure timely completion of job responsibilities while handling multiple tasks, changing priorities and non-negotiable deadlines
- Developed strong verbal communication and comprehension skills. An inherent ability to listen, ask questions to gain insight, and translate discussions into written materials
- Provided excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Produced an accurate work product while paying close attention to detail and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proven ability to work with existing and new technology with little direction
- Worked independently and as part of a team
The kind of people we are looking for:
- Exceptional communicator, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management
- Desire to take ownership over work product and data
- Strong team leader
- Problem solver, looks for ways to work smarter
- Customer-service mindset
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and quality control
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, performance driven and reliable
- A passion for learning and developing professionally
- Must have the ability to prioritize and take the initiative to provide support/follow-up
- Possess a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to work from home
- Ability to work non-standard work hours when necessary with flexible overtime support during end of month processing and/or for high priority assignments
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top