Junior Visual Designer
- Portland, OR
WANTED: Creative leadership with business smarts
Point B Digital Studio is seeking an Associate Creative Director with first-rate design and storytelling skills to help lead our creative team through brand communications and digital product design projects. The Studio anchors its offerings in digital experience solutions for enterprise organizations and is an integral part of a nation-wide employee-owned management consulting firm.
What makes Point B different? We combine the best of both worlds across agency creativity & consulting business smarts to deliver unique value to our clients. What you get is the opportunity to work with amazing brands to solve meaty challenges while collaborating with a group of seasoned talent beyond the scope you'll meet at any stand-alone creative agency.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
The Junior Visual Designer collaborates with members of the Creative Team to create deliverables requiring design systems and concepts. This person is passionate about creating digital experiences and expressing complex ideas in simple and compelling ways. S/he seeks opportunities to bring more value to Point B by expanding their skillset through diverse project experiences and by learning about the broader set of Point B offerings and services.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU'VE ALREADY DONE:
- Experience producing high-quality deliverables, such as digital assets, marketing materials and collateral, PowerPoint and email templates
- 0-2 years of total work experience, including 1 year of relevant experience
- Familiarity producing content, design elements and art production that contribute to multiple projects
- Created Graphics, icons, and slides for presentation work
- Demonstrated strong craft through typography, composition and attention to detail
- Comfortable with file preparation (e.g., gets materials spec-ready for a developer, preps a logo to go to a customer, etc.)
- Strong visual design, graphic design, and typography skills, along with app interfaces and UI/UX design experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite, Sketch, Prototyping tools (e.g. InVision), Collaboration tools (e.g., virtual whiteboarding)
- Participated in brainstorming and concept development
- Collaborated on ideas that supported broader projects and to refine concepts
- Earned a B.A. or B.S. degree.
THE KIND OF PEOPLE WE LOOK FOR:
- Effective collaborators who will work closely with creative team members (e.g. Art Director, Designers, Copywriters, etc.)
- Passion for Visual Design
- Team players who are passionate about high quality customer delivery
- Strong Organizational and project management skills
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Exceptional communicator, both orally and in writing
- Experienced in prioritizing, planning and organizing tasks and activities to ensure timely completion of job responsibilities while handling multiple tasks, changing priorities and non-negotiable deadlines
- Committed to building, modeling, and supporting our culture
- Demonstrates an ownership mentality, strong work ethic and growth mindset
- Ability to work non-standard work hours when necessary
- Flexibility to work from home and in our Point B office
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to grow your skills and advance your creative career through access to diverse project opportunities and mentorship
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top