IT Business Application Director
Point B is an employee-owned management consulting firm looking for an experienced IT business applications leader who wants to be part of a dynamic, growing firm.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Work closely with senior leadership and business stakeholders to understand business needs, prioritize, design, implement and maintain technology solutions in a matrixed organization to support Point B's business strategy
- Coordinate with IT leadership to function as one IT team to support overall IT strategy and execution
- Lead the business applications function's role to define, design, implement and support business process, governance and application systems to support business growth and drive a superior user experience
- Provide guidance on day-to-day business applications operations, including triaging and prioritizing demand, managing communications and expectations with process owners and key business stakeholders, prioritizing projects, and managing team assignments to ensure efficiency
- Monitor and manage business applications budget and resources
- Lead, motivate and support the development of business applications team members
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU'VE ALREADY DONE:
- Demonstrated ability to lead matrixed teams and develop staff, including internal, external and remote team members
- Proven success managing an IT operational organization to budget
- Managed third-party vendor resources efficiently and positively
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple project assignments, support multiple application suites, and flexibility with re-prioritization
- Planned and managed large system implementations
- 5+ years managing business and systems analysts in an enterprise IT function
- 5+ years of software development lifecycle experience including requirements, design, implementation, testing and support for packaged and custom system development
- 4+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of business applications architecture design experience
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems or related field
- Consulting experience preferred
- This role is based in Seattle
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile leaders who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
- Talented consultants with a growth mindset who want to use their networking and relationship building skills to help growth the firm
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top