Point B, Inc. is looking for a Financial Analyst who wants to jump start their career and join our Firm Wide Finance team.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that publications like Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, and many others consistently rank Point B as one of the best places to work.
What You'll Get To Do:
The Financial Analyst will drive financial analysis, forecasting, reporting and operational support activities across businesses and departments. The role will primarily be focused on the financial planning and forecasting process and integrating strategy throughout the organization. The role will also provide modeling support and analysis to assist management with understanding business drivers, trends and KPIs.
- Partner with teams across the organization to create and monitor financial plans
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance & prepare reports and projections based on this analysis, highlighting trends and concerns
- Gather data from complex sources, reconcile data variances and use data to support analysis for decision making
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, forecasts, cash flow projections, statistical reports and budgets
- Identify areas of improvement of reports, models and processes to standardize, automate, improve efficiency and improve quality of outcomes
- Identify, analyze, and communicate trends and issues affecting the business
- Bring creativity and critical thinking, which inspires innovation and propels teams beyond the status quo
- Update key metrics and data within
- Create ad-hoc financial / metric models to assess the impact of planned business decisions on the organization
What We Expect You've Already Done:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in finance, accounting, consulting, or a related highly-analytic field
- 1+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
- Strong analytical skills and financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Solid understanding of finance and business concepts; strong financial and business acumen mindset with an ability to apply good judgement and professional integrity into decision-making
- Natural curiosity, ability to ask questions of data and dig deeper to gain understanding, analyzing data to find the meaning behind the numbers
- A self-starter, highly responsive and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and collaborative environment, flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations; works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Service oriented and adaptable to different work styles and personalities, attentive to detail and committed to achieve customer / company goals
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight time lines
- Ability to manage, process and summarize large data sets
- Familiarity with the following systems a plus: SalesForce, Tableau, FinancialForce
The Kind of People We Look For:
- Service oriented with a desire to impact business growth by supporting executive skill and career growth
- Exercise a high level of accountability, flexibility, teamwork, good judgment and attention to detail.
- Passion for providing data-based decision making.
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm and communities
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top