Business Analytics Solutions Engineer
Point B is a consulting firm looking for experienced consultants to join our Business Technology practice and make a significant impact delivering to world-class clients.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
What you'll get to do:
- Work on business and technology initiatives with top clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies
- Project work focused on designing, architecting and developing data-driven analytical applications that drive insights
- Apply your expertise in data analysis, development and automation to shape and define the business analytics capability at our clients
- Work hands-on with both well-established and new technologies across the data and analytics spectrum
- End-to-end management of analytic projects from concept and requirements gathering to development, testing and deployment.
- Build your skills and experience working across a variety of industries and functional areas
- Exercise your entrepreneurial spirit and contribute to the firm's growth as an employee-owner
What we offer our Associates:
- Opportunity to assist a wide variety of clients with key strategic initiatives that have critical impacts to their operations and business success, helping them reinvent the way they manage their business
- Challenging and diverse project work to grow your analytics and development skills and experience
- Support and mentorship from senior Point B consultants and leaders
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture, with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
What we expect you've already done:
- Worked in a consulting capacity for at least 5+ years in a quantitative, data driven or highly analytical business environment
- Worked directly with business stakeholders to develop and define key business questions
- Converted raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights in support of answering those questions and solving tough business challenges
- Demonstrated experience in business intelligence and analytics solution design, development and implementation, including data preparation and ETL, database, analytics and visualization. Examples of desired experience include:
- Database: Traditional RDBMS (Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle), OLAP (Microsoft SSAS, Essbase, TM1), MPP (Netezza, Greenplum), Hadoop, NoSQL, and/or other cloud-based database platforms such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake, etc.
- SQL: The ability to write DDL (Data Definition Language) and DML (Data Manipulation Language) in addition to DQL (Data Query Language)
- Data Preparation and ETL: Informatica, WhereScape, Talend, Apache Storm, Alteryx, Microsoft SSIS, etc
- Visualization and Analytics: Tableau, Qlik, R, Microsoft Power BI, Birst, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Microsoft SSRS, etc
- Ability to import, clean, transform and automate with the purpose of translating complex data into analytic-ready formats using industry standard approaches and tools
- Quantitative undergraduate degree preferred (e.g. BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics)
- Familiarity with system and software development methodologies
- Available 80%+ travel
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top