Business Analytics Solutions Engineer
Point B is a consulting firm looking for experienced consultants to join our Business Technology practice and make a significant impact delivering to world-class clients.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our firm. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
It's no wonder that Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
What you'll get to do:
- Work on business and technology initiatives with top clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies
- Project work focused on designing, architecting and developing data-driven analytical applications that drive insights
- Apply your expertise in data analysis, development and automation to shape and define the business analytics capability at our clients
- Work hands-on with both well-established and new technologies across the data and analytics spectrum
- End-to-end management of analytic projects from concept and requirements gathering to development, testing and deployment.
- Build your skills and experience working across a variety of industries and functional areas
- Exercise your entrepreneurial spirit and contribute to the firm's growth as an employee-owner
What we offer our Associates:
- Opportunity to assist a wide variety of clients with key strategic initiatives that have critical impacts to their operations and business success, helping them reinvent the way they manage their business
- Challenging and diverse project work to grow your analytics and development skills and experience
- Support and mentorship from senior Point B consultants and leaders
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture, with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
What we expect you've already done:
- Worked in a consulting capacity for at least 5+ years in a quantitative, data driven or highly analytical business environment
- Worked directly with business stakeholders to develop and define key business questions
- Converted raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights in support of answering those questions and solving tough business challenges
- Demonstrated experience in business intelligence and analytics solution design, development and implementation, including data preparation and ETL, database, analytics and visualization. Examples of desired experience include:
- Database: Traditional RDBMS (Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle), OLAP (Microsoft SSAS, Essbase, TM1), MPP (Netezza, Greenplum), Hadoop, NoSQL, and/or other cloud-based database platforms such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake, etc.
- SQL: The ability to write DDL (Data Definition Language) and DML (Data Manipulation Language) in addition to DQL (Data Query Language)
- Data Preparation and ETL: Informatica, WhereScape, Talend, Apache Storm, Alteryx, Microsoft SSIS, etc
- Visualization and Analytics: Tableau, Qlik, R, Microsoft Power BI, Birst, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Microsoft SSRS, etc
- Ability to import, clean, transform and automate with the purpose of translating complex data into analytic-ready formats using industry standard approaches and tools
- Quantitative undergraduate degree preferred (e.g. BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics)
- Familiarity with system and software development methodologies
- Available 80%+ travel
The kind of people we look for:
- Versatile consultants who thrive on variety and challenge
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Engaging leaders who make a positive impact on their firm, clients, and communities
Your Office Home Base:
Intrigued To Learn More:
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back within 48 hours with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
About Point B:
At Point B , we work with some of the country's most respected companies to help them form, execute, and thrive. With capabilities including Management Consulting , Venture Investment and Advisory , and Property Development , our integrated businesses provide value to the organizations and communities we serve.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- 100% Employee Ownership - Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is proud to be the foundation of Point B. Point B exists for the benefit of our people. From the beginning, putting our people first meant embracing our differences
- The ability to chart your individual career path based on your expertise and passions. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local model, mixed with the option to pick your projects, empowers you to choose the life you want.
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor .
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
See Inside the Office of Point B
Point B is a 100% employee-owned firm that helps organizations form, execute, and thrive. With an integrated set of businesses that include management consulting, venture investment and advisory services, and property development, this pioneering approach delivers insights, knowledge, and follow-through at every scale. Point B’s values-based culture is recognized as the best in the industry—a culture based on open communication, transparency, and a strong ownership mentality.
Back to top