LOCAL OR 100% REMOTE
We’re seeking a certain someone with exceptional visual and interaction design skills to join Point’s growing product design team. Come collaborate with a passionate, supportive, and down-to-earth team dedicated to improving the lives of homeowners and home buyers across the nation. Your talents for understanding and empathizing with people and crafting world-class interfaces for them will play a critical role in Point’s continued success.
Projects you might work on in your first 6 months:
- Develop customer education materials, including infographics, illustrations, and page layouts for our brand new product that helps home buyers make competitive down payments.
- Design the look and feel of a customer dashboard that will keep homeowners engaged and educated throughout the funding process and reduce customer abandonment
- Create storyboards and graphics for an educational video that will be used to onboard homeowners.
- Take ownership of our fledgling design system
- Elevate and evolve the brand across a number of digital touch points
- You’re a clever visual storyteller with an expert eye for layout, hierarchy, color, and typography.
- You have experience building and maintaining a professional design system.
- You understand the value of consistency of visual elements like illustrations, colors, typography, and photos and can produce new content consistent with existing brand guidelines.
- You know all the ins and outs of Figma and enjoy helping other designers level up.
- You have an intuitive sense for designs that work and make sense to the end user, but you’re always willing to get outside yourself and listen to the data.
- Your empathy doesn’t stop at the customer—you strive to understand your teammates’ perspectives and goals and you’re considerate when delivering feedback.
- You’re obsessed with the details. You’ll pour yourself into whatever work you do, whether that’s a final design, written document, or developer spec.
- You’re an articulate communicator able to challenge assumptions and persuasively evangelize your ideas.
- You’re pragmatic—you understand that development timelines and business requirements often require creative compromises.
- You have proof of your talents — we’ll want to see work samples during the interview process.
- 5+ years of experience designing consumer products
- Some experience with fine art (oil painting, charcoal drawing, ceramics, etc). We’d love to see muscle memory of fundamentals like compositional sense, whitespace, use of color, and texture, for example.
“Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments.” - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we’re helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life’s expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers’ interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
Point announced its $115M Series C led by WestCap in May 2022. To date, we’ve raised over $170M from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Greylock, and SV Angel.
Perks at Point:
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to eight weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave.
Work From Home Stipends
With employees working remote, Point will provide employees a $50 monthly cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly internet stipend. In addition, we will reimburse up to $150 to help you purchase supplies for your home office.